One of Those Days

What day of the week is it again?
Courtesy of the mind of Salvador Dali
Ever since the "Big Break" during which Daughter had two solid weeks off, Husband had several "comp days" to take, and even French Fry boy’s Mickey D schedule was all out of whack, I’ve lost track of time. And I was doing so well with Earth time. Snarkles. (Oops...it is against the aliens-posing-as-humans rules to mention the whole aliens-posing-as-humans thing. Better watch myself more closely, or the Illuminati will be all over me. LOL) I’ve been sleeping and waking at odd hours. I’ve sent friends letters that make no sense. I’ve been saying inappropriate things. If I said anything to anyone that they found offensive, I apologize. I may not have meant it - LOL I’ve become paranoid (snaps head sharply towards door LOL). Yesterday, I was at my breaking point, and decided to take a rare afternoon nap. Slept like a stone. Husband came in and fell asleep too. When I awoke it was dark and my bladder was ready to burst. I scurried (as much as a woman who has broken both lower legs twice and has matching metal ankles, can "scurry" LOL) to the adjacent bathroom. I left the light off, as I assumed it was the middle of the night and we all know it is easier to go back to bed and fall back asleep if we don’t turn the light on. Another one of those dumb "human rules" LOL As I sat rubbing my eyes, I glanced out at the glowing red digits of the alarm clock on the head of the bed. 6:50. I frowned. Why was husband still here? He usually leaves for work before now. I called out, "Don’t you have to work today?" He awoke with a start. "Wha...?" I repeated, "Don’t you have to work today?" He replied, "I’ve already BEEN to work today." I frowned again, until the light slowly dawned (on me, not outside LOL) Oh gawd. They’ve messed with the space/time continuum again. No wait, that’s not scheduled until...ooops, never mind. No, it was something else. More function slowly returned to my brain, and I realized it was not morning. I’d been sleeping for about 2 hours - LOL So now I’m up again. I think it’s morning in America. No wait, that was with Ronald Reagan back in the 80’s. I love the 80’s. And rock and roll. And twins. No wait...am I going off on a tangent again? (Glances at tangent meter, needle is in red, and the chip in my neck is getting warm.) We’re in big trouble now LOL

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just happen to have a set of twins you can borrow. You should see what THEY do to the time-space thingie! ;)
Anonymous said…
I think I know what happened when you fell asleep...you were switched and are now one of the pod people. Ooops, we're not supposed to talk about that either ;-)
Anonymous said…
I'm suddenly seeing that puppet video Genesis made with Ronald Reagan waking up and seeing the atomic expolosion. LOL
Marti said…
Theresa - Oh it makes me shiver to think of it - LOL
***
Cube - Argwawgra oh captain! (oops, that's the secret greeting, isn't it? LOL)
***
FTS- ROTF!
***
Thank you ALL for stopping by! I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

My Boobs are on File with the FBI

Netiquette

Ode to High Prices