Sunday, January 22, 2006

Gas Guzzler

Well, I did a dumb thing. Again. Duh - LOL Everyone here is still suffering through cold and flu symptoms. Thank you all for your kind comments and good wishes. I needed to go out and get more medications (Do they sell Nyquil in gallon jugs? LOL) It was hideously cold and windy, and my car was almost out of gasoline. Grumpily, I got out to pump it, shivering, my hands shaking. I jammed the nozzle in and turned my face away from the car because the wind was beating my hair into my face. I squeezed the trigger, latching it into the lock position, so I could put my freezing hands into my pockets and something didn’t sound right. I turned back and gasoline was spewing in every direction! I hadn’t gotten the nozzle seated properly, and instead of going into the tank, it was ricocheting back out, spraying all over me. I was drenched by the time I got it shut off, but then I had to stand there dripping, shivering and hoping I wasn't shaking enough to create a friction fire, put the nozzle in the right way, and fill the tank. I drove home with the window down because the stench was about to knock me out. (Why couldn’t my nose have STAYED stopped up? LOL) I got inside, threw my coat, clothes and shoes in a trash bag, and tossed it out on the front porch, (naked - thank gawd we live WAY out in the country LOL). I slammed the front door shut and glanced out through the glass to see all of the curious cats run over to the bag, start to sniff, then jerk away in disgust! LOL I headed in to take a long, hot bath and wash my hair, and French Fry Boy called out, “Did you get the medicine?” HE is the one who left the car with almost no gasoline in it. I opened his door just a crack (naked and gasoline drenched) stuck my head in and shot him the death-ray laser look, which I’m sure was confusing to his already fevered mind LOL He looked so pitiful lying there sick though, I didn’t say anything. He’s lucky I don’t believe in capital punishment though - LOL

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, no fun. Besides feeling miserable and wasting a trip, you PAID for all that gas on the ground. :(

1/22/2006 05:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! LMAO. I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but I don't I've ever heard of something like that happening!

I hope you're smelling better evening. :)

1/22/2006 09:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, Marti, you're like a walking "Don't" list sometimes, aren't you?! (kidding!)

I hope all of your gang is back in the pink soon!

1/22/2006 10:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shivering and friction fire line will go down is history as a classic oneliner!

Congrats on the Blog Herald Award. Well deserved!

1/22/2006 10:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O-M-G I'm so glad you are OK! that's pretty scary!

1/23/2006 01:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame to waste a good naked on gasoline fumes. lol

1/23/2006 01:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when you could use a stuffed up nose, it clear up! Isn't that just like life?

1/25/2006 01:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marti

You're really having a run of bad luck. Hang in there.

I like the layout.

If you find a way to actually contact blogger support, let the rest of us know. It's a great mystery.

Thanks for your kind comment this morning.

I've got you re-bookmarked.

1/29/2006 01:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope things are going better for you now and that everyone are back to perfect health.

Thank you very much for posting a wonderful blog. I am enjoying browsing it :)

2/02/2006 03:29:00 PM  
Anonymous florida gator forum said...

A Florida Gator sports blog that covers every game, roster, exclusive
player interviews, and much more. It is your source for Florida Gator
news. Come check out the forum and discuss Heisman trophy winner Tim
Tebow and the rest of the Gators.

4/07/2012 01:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home