Monday, January 02, 2006

Wow

So here it is. 2006. Thank you to all the commenters, who came back by. It was great to see you again. Door’s always open, pop in anytime. Happy Birthday to "Enter the Laughter". ETL: {{Blog looks back at me, bleary-eyed, after a weekend of hearty partying}} "Not so loud. I’m mad at you. You didn’t talk to me every day. You didn’t give me much to wear - three or four different skins in an entire YEAR? And that first one - geez everybody in the blogosphere was wearing THAT!" {{Sniffles haughtily. . . shivers at the memory of Blogger Scribe theme. . .coughs up some old feed}} Me: Sorry, I didn’t know how to do any of that when I started. ETL: "I expect more out of you this year, ya hear me? Nothing lame either! I want fun! I want entertainment! Go read some of those blogs that won awards! Did I win any awards? Was I even NOMINATED? NO! And it’s your fault!" {{Spits a sidebar link at me}} "You’ve got to work it girl!" {{Shakes banner booty at me}} Me: OK! I get it! You want more writing. You want more regular updates. You want more links. ETL: "Golden links baby!" {{Preens, polishes RSS.}} Me: I’ll try to do better. ETL: {{Imitates voice of Jedi Master Yoda}} "Try? There is no try! DO!" Me: But I don’t live a real exciting life, every day isn’t filled with adventure. ETL: "Sex it up! Sex sells - tell them about the time you -" Me: {{Muffles ETL}} No! ETL: {{Shakes loose}} "Well then, talk politics, or technology! They eat that stuff up!" Me: Sigh. It’s just not me. After all, you’re not called Enter the SexZone, Or Enter the Beltway, and I don’t understand enough about technology. I just write funny stuff. ETL: "Ok! Ok! There’s enough doom and gloom out there. Make ‘em laugh" {{Starts imitating Donald O’Connor, singing and dancing}}:
Now you could study Shakespeare and be quite elite And you can charm the critics and have nothin' to eat Just slip on a banana peel The world is at your feet Make 'em laugh Make 'em laugh Make 'em laugh
Me: {{Giggle}} ETL: "Aw, geez! How am I ever going to make the Webbies, or the BoBs, or get mentioned in The Blog Herald, if all you can do is giggle?" Me: Well, I did thank all of those nice people who commented. Did you see how many of them came back by? ETL: {{Pouting subsides}} "Yeah, that was sweet. {{Spits bytes into its cyber hand, extends it to shake}} "Deal?" Me: Deal.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - who's the master of this blog, anyway?!

1/02/2006 04:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) i will now proceed to have an imaginary conversation with my blog.

1/02/2006 04:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started out with one of the blogger templates - I think mine was harbor something. :)

1/02/2006 06:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - Good job. If how you've started the New Year is indicative of what is to follow - it is going to be a very good year.

1/02/2006 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donald O'Connor... LOVE HIM! Singin' In The Rain... love it! ;o)

Your blog (which, by the way, sounds like a prissy cat, makes me miss my kitty Victoria) is awesome... I can't wait to see what the new year brings to it!

1/02/2006 11:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is such a ho. LOL! Just kidding!! You know I love you AND your blog!

1/03/2006 07:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home