Valentine Daze

Be My Valentine At last, the flu bug has been beaten into submission here. Family members are back to work and school, and I am going to go sleep for 6 hours to recover myself - LOL
Valentine’s Day is THREE WEEKS from TODAY! (All the male readers experience temporary blindness - LOL)
I’ve decorated the ol’ blog - added a countdown (I will send the code to anyone who wants it) changed the banner and colors a bit (still tweaking the colors some, it’s hard to find colors that look good and provide enough contrast to show up well.)
WIN FREE CANDY! Russell Stover Chocolates Send in your best Valentine joke, and I will compile them into a post each Friday for a contest, and ask readers to vote for their favorite. You can post your jokes in the comments section, or e-mail them to me here:
Valentine’s Day is Tuesday February 14, so I will announce the winner on Friday, February 17. I will send the winner a free box of Russell Stover Chocolates!
Here’s one to get you started:
A young woman was taking an afternoon nap.
After she woke up, she told her husband, "I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's Day. What do you think it means?"
"You'll know tonight." he said.
That evening, the man came home with a small package and gave it to his wife.
Delighted, she opened it--only to find a book entitled "The meaning of dreams".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
, , , ,

Comments

Anonymous said…
Valentines Day? Nooooo... Pitchers and catchers report for spring training on the 15th. ;)
Anonymous said…
I dont have a joke but have been running a contest for Valentines. I will say I wasn't expecting over 50 entries but am so happy it turned out well. :)
Anonymous said…
Laughed right out loud at that one.
LOVE the new banner, and I am glad to hear the flu has been beaten into submission.
Anonymous said…
LOL - loved the joke!
I like your new template too.
...Will have to think, but I should be able to come up with a good Valentine joke before your deadline.
Anonymous said…
oh no, i'm having difficulty of thinking of a valentine joke. anyway, your new template is "lovely"
Marti said…
Blogger has a message that they are having problems, and are going to be experiencing some downtime. I can't get anything to work, so I am hoping this will get through.

Thank you all for stopping by - I hope the problems are corrected soon!
Anonymous said…
It's Valentine's Day and a guy walks into a bar.

He's got a bouquet of roses in one hand and a box of candy in the other.

Bartender says, "I'm guessin' those ain't for me."

The guy says, "I'm meeting my wife here."

Bartender says, "what does she look like?"

The guy says, "I don't know. You're the first person I've met, and no offense, but you're not my type."
Anonymous said…
Love the new look, Marti! I'll have to come up with a good joke.
Anonymous said…
I'll have to get back to you on the Valentine's Day joke. Now, where did I put my thinking cap...
Anonymous said…
I love the Valentine's look, Marti!
That joke was tooooo cute!
Anonymous said…
Valentine's Day is coming and I dont a friggin date yet!!!
Marti said…
1/26/06 9:45 AM CST

AAARGH!

I still can't get in to publish!

I've written to Blogger Help.
Marti said…
HELP!

Does anyone here understand how to get Blogger's attention, OR how to publish to my own domain using FTP?

I can not get this to publish! I havw worn my fingers down to bloody stubs trying. If anyone can help me, please contact.
Anonymous said…
Marti, it's been a while since I've been over here, and I apologize for that. But I just had to say that I've gotten all caught up and I want to say THANK YOU for the MUCH need laughs!! Congratulations on being named to the Herald's top 100 list! That is awesome!!!

xo
S.
Marti said…
PLEASE NOTE - MOVED TO NEW BLOG

1-28-06

Hi,

I don't know why, but Blogger has locked me out of my old blog. It still accepts comments, but I can't get it to publish anything new, or make any changes to the template. I even attempted to use FTP to upload it to my domain, but that also failed.

I struggled with it for days, writing letters to Blogger Help and Support, all for naught, so I’m starting over at:
http://enterthelaughter.blogspot.com/

Trying to notify all of my previous links. Trying not to think evil thoughts - LOL
Anonymous said…
I would love the code for the countdown that you have-it's awesome. I bet I could rig it for just about anything so it would be very useful but I would first use it for valentines day-even though I am a male-Nice blog!
Anonymous said…
Hope you had a happy V-day with lots of kissing and all sorts of naughty stuff.

:)
Leigh
www.thespinningpen.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
hi julia
Anonymous said…
hi everyone
Anonymous said…
pls, vote us:
http://www.jurnale.ro/concurs/index.php?pag=0&poza_id=1973&action=vote

Popular posts from this blog

The Un-Martha

Trench Warfare In Our Driveway

My Boobs are on File with the FBI