Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Holy Sleet!

It’s raining. No, it’s snowing. No, snow doesn’t bounce when it hits something. It’s sleeting! Took the boy to work up at McDonald’s because neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor dark of night shall keep the burgers from their appointed pounds LOL Road conditions are deteriorating. Steep hill coming back home proved daunting, particularly for the not-so-hot-shot in a pickup truck in front of me, who had been behind me when we rounded the corner at the intersection down in town. A corner I took at a reasonable speed because I could feel the rear wheels spinning. A corner I saw him (in my rear-view mirror) slide sideways around. Once we were both travelling southwards, he decided to pass me. On a slick two-lane road. Covering my car with a spray of road slime. Fine, I’d rather have a lunatic driver in front of me, where I can keep an eye on him - LOL He barreled around me, no doubt feeling pretty smug. Then we reached the hill. About a third of the way up, he started fishtailing. His rear tires were plowing into the asphalt, spewing an arc of slush behind him, yet his speed continued to diminish. I had allowed a fair amount of distance to build up between us, so I watched, bemused, from a distance. Two thirds of the way up, he was doomed. He couldn’t make it, and his truck ceased all forward motion. Fortunately, there were no other vehicles on the road, so while he sat there pounding his hands on the steering wheel and gunning his engine, my driving-at-a-reasonable-speed-for-the-conditions self cruised past him. (snicker) Icicles are starting to form on the wrought iron park bench out in the yard, and it looks really neat, but you'll just have to take my word for it, 'cause there ain't no way I am goin' out there to take a picture, sorry. LOL The metal forms the shape of an angel though, so I guess that makes this (get ready to groan)...Holy Sleet!
*****************
When I started this blog, I called it "DigitalDoorway", because that is my domain name, and my ID at E-Bay and Amazon. I tacked on "Enter the Laughter" because this place is supposed to be amusing LOL I am shortening it to just "Enter the Laughter" because it more accurately reflects what this place is about, and it is easier to type LOL I changed the title in the banner photo and page code, and I am trying to make the changes at link-y places like BlogRoll LOL If you have links to me (please God, let someone have links to me LOL) please shorten the name to Enter the Laughter. Thanks!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate crappy drivers! And I so love it when I get the opportunity to pass by them with a smirk or outright grin.

Keep warm!!

1/10/2006 07:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your driving acount actually sounded like a VERY scary movie. Glad you were the sensible one!

I'm going to change the link now. I really do like the change!

1/11/2006 12:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the guy who taunted me for miles on my way to St. Louis one year. He'd tailgate me, then pass, then slow down in front of me, on and on. Finally, he tired of the game and zoomed past me, a smirk on his face.

About five miles down the road, I noticed he had been pulled over by a cop, probably for speeding. I couldn't resist, I honked and waved as I passed by.

I love your blog! Keep up the good work!

1/11/2006 08:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy sleet - good one! changed my link for you as well. also wanted to tell you that you just got tagged! lol! :)

1/11/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are so many bad drivers here in Florida, that I can't imagine how hazardous it would be to add snow into the mix. Yikes!

Stay warm!

1/11/2006 11:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Marti! I love the picture - it's really eye catching. The fridge was fine but I think I found one of your socks in the dryer.

:)
Leigh
www.mendingresolute.com
www.thespinningpen.blogspot.com
www.theresolutereader.blogspot.com

1/11/2006 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home