Christmas 2005 Part One

Ah, Christmas has passed. Like a kidney stone. Just kidding, it was great. We were blessed to have all three of our children, plus my husband’s parents together on Christmas Day. The day began at home. When your “baby” is 16, it is not longer the youngens tugging on the covers at 5 AM to awaken their parents, but rather two weary but smiling adults, sipping coffee and glancing periodically towards the rooms of their slumbering progeny. Husband questions, “Should we wake them up?” I say I have an idea. He looks at me questioningly. He knows me too well. I reassure him it does not involve ice cubes or chainsaws. LOL I bake crescent rolls.

You have to understand this family’s love of crescent rolls. A platter of crescent rolls can vanish quicker than St. Nick up the chimney. Don’t blink, or you will be roll-less. The timer goes off, and I scurry into the kitchen. I pull the baking sheet out, and hand Husband an oven mitt and hot roll. “Take this into Daughter’s room and wave it under her nose,” I suggest. I do the same with Middle Son. Nostrils flare, eyes pop open. Rolls are tantalizingly withdrawn to doorways. Nothing says Christmas like baiting your children with pastry. LOL They join us and we deliver the goods. Biscuit bits and sleep sand mingle as they rub their eyes. To be continued.........

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi marti! sending you wishes for a blessed christmas season. thank YOU for bidding on my blog. i really loved your posts that's why i didn't hesitate to accept your bid. :)
Anonymous said…
hello there. Got here through ribs blog. Oooh the rolls looks tasty
Anonymous said…
I'm glad to hear you all had a good Christmas. Teenagers can sleep forever, can't they? On a different note, I like being able to see the phases of the moon on your blog. Happy New Year!
Anonymous said…
Oh yum, I love crescent rolls!!
Marti said…
Thanks for stopping by, ribs! I appreciate being sponsored on your blog - adding you to my blogroll!
***
Welcome chas - hope to see you again!
***
Hi booklover - yes indeed, teens are sleep champions! LOL Thanks for stopping by - glad you like that moon phase gadget - LOL (I do too - tee hee)
***
Hello uisce! Great to meet you - come by any time!

Popular posts from this blog

My Boobs are on File with the FBI

Netiquette

Ode to High Prices