Friday, October 14, 2005

Odd Fog

I love autumn. I love the cooler weather. I love the leaves changing color. I love October and Halloween (like duh, I'm a pumpkin farmer LOL) I love how early in the morning there is a low fog hanging close to the ground, and steamy haze rising from all of the ponds. When I took Daughter to school this morning, it was beautiful beyond compare. The entire eastern sky was a rosy glow. Light shafts from the rising sun were peeking between the branches. Driving past fields and meadows bathed in a golden glow, we saw cows and horses standing knee-deep in the slowly undulating mist, lending them a mystical quality. After dropping her off, I was driving home at a leisurely pace, a goofy smile plastered on my face because it was all so damn pretty, and in the distance, through the vapor, I saw a figure walking on the side of the road. I frowned. There was something. . .odd. As I approached the figure I realized what was odd about the scene. It was a clown. A clown in full regalia - rainbow-colored fuzzy wig, red nose, face makeup and polka-dot baggy jumpsuit. Not sure about the big shoes, the clown's feet were obscured by the fog. Now here's a little secret. . .I don't like clowns. They creep me out. Especially a clown wandering down a deserted country road in the fog. There are few pedestrians out here, and this is the first clown I have ever seen strolling alongside the cow pastures. It struck me as a tad odd. I didn't see a car pulled off the side of the road, so thinking that the clown was walking for gas or assistance seemed unlikely. Curiosity drove me to turn around and go back. No clown. Nothing but the cows, the horses and the fog. I turned back around and headed slowly home, occasionally glancing in the rearview mirror. . . just in case. It was just so bizarre I had to share - LOL!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - Me thinks someone is having Stephen King 'It' flashbacks! lol

I LOVE the foggy/misty pics from your area - actually, I think I bought a couple, didn't I?

Kel

10/14/2005 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

LOL!

Good Morning Kel! Yes, I think you might have purchased a copy of that picture...and you are so clever for mentioning they are for sale! ROTF!

Thank you so much for stopping by! It is always a delight to have another "internet friend" I have been blessed to meet in person, stop by and say hello!

Have a great day sweetie!

10/14/2005 09:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Marti! Did that really happen? That is too weird. Clowns sort of creep me out, too. Actually, anyone in a costume, lol. When I was about 4 or 5 I was at a birthday party where Cookie Monster and Big Bird were there. While I was a huge Sesame Street fan, my mom and I still spent the entire party in the bathroom, hiding. LOL.

Love the fog, too, though! I have your Fog In The Morning hanging at the top of my stairway, and see it many, many times each day! Makes me think of YOU! :)

xo!
S.

10/14/2005 10:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo! A ghost clown! Creeeeepy!

10/14/2005 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Hi S! Lucky me (jumping up and down and clapping hands LOL)
TWO of the internet friends I have met in person left comments!

Yes, it really happened. Freaked me out pretty good - LOL

That is such a funny story about your fear of costumed characters!

Thank you so much for dropping by!

(I've been nagging them in e-mails..."please stop by my blog" LOL)

***

Hi buffi! We've never met, but I'd love to someday! Yeah, it left me feeling spooked for several hours, I kept peeking out the windows nervously after I got home - LOL!

Thank you for stopping by!

10/14/2005 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'oh! How weird!!! Maybe the fog devoured the clown...ya never know...

Beautiful picture by the way. I love it when the fog clings to the ground like that.

10/14/2005 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like clowns, either, and that whole scene sounds scary!!

Beeuuutiful photo!

10/15/2005 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were cautious and didn't stop to pick him up... You never know with all the bozos in the world these days ;-)

10/16/2005 02:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new look! Do NOT like clowns at all! Or cooler temps! Brr!

10/16/2005 07:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh. there they are :) I didnt see them at all before (the comments I mean)

soo jealous! we don't get fall here in Tampa Bay. I miss the Missouri Fall.

10/16/2005 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Hi Colleen! LOL on the fog ate the clown! Thanks for the compliment on the photo, always nice to have you stop by!
***
Hi dddragon! I have been surprised at how many people don't like clowns - LOL!
Thank you for the compliment, I love that photo too.
I appreciate you stopping by!
***
Hi Rocky! ROTF - "bozos"! Good one! Thanks for stopping by!
***
Hi Theresa! Thanks! So nice to see you! Thanks for stopping by!
***
Welcome Luka! Thank you for stopping by! When we have freezing temperatures I'm sure you'll remember what you DON'T miss about Missouri! LOL!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

Look forward to seeing all of you next time!

10/16/2005 06:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... that was SCARY! Beyond scary... I can't stand clowns and that was just completely creepy. Very Stephen King!

The other night my husband came to bed after I did and he left the tv on. I woke up around 2am to "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" which is stupid enough to be scary... but those clowns are absolutely freaky and were not much fun to wake up to.

10/18/2005 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

OMG Amy, I think I would have screamed out loud! LOL

Thanks for stopping by!

10/18/2005 04:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home