Dear Animal Lovers

Hello to all of my wonderful readers, As we have seen over the past few days, the devastation to the Gulf Coast region is overwhelming. The Red Cross and other charitable organizations are sending in aid and supplies to assist the people of the region. My best friend is a wonderful woman who lives in the Kansas City metropolitan area, and works with animal rescue groups. She is working with a large non-profit organization, whose sole purpose is to assist and rescue animals during disasters. It has been incredible to see the outpouring of help for the people in the Gulf. We would like to ask for a small portion of your generosity to help rescue the animals that are suffering from this tragedy. These beloved pets have been lost and are hungry, injured, and terrified. We know how those of you with pets feel about your animal friends......please think of the conditions these poor creatures in wake of the hurricane are suffering with now. The organization is called Noah's Wish. Their sole purpose is rescuing animals during disasters. PLEASE, visit their website, see their information, and offer a small donation of money or supplies. To other bloggers, I would ask that you copy the banner code and place on your blog. Your help is deeply appreciated by the helpless creatures that cannot ask for themselves. They thank you. ************************************** PLEASE PLACE THIS BANNER ON YOUR BLOG You can use this code Change the parentheses to brackets like < > (a href="http://www.noahswish.org") (img src="http://digitaldoorway.net/images/noahs-wish-banner150x450.jpg" /) (/a) **************

Update: August 31, 2005 - 9:00 p.m. Louisiana Time

The Noah's Wish team reached Slidell, Louisiana today. We have met with emergency management and animal control. Tomorrow we will begin to provide assistance for animals in this devastated area. Almost everyone we talked with this afternoon had a story to tell of an animal. Unfortunately, many of the stories were of animals that were left behind when people had to evacuate. People are getting desperate to find their animals. Areas of Slidell are still underwater this evening and the devastation is widespread. There is no electricity, gasoline, or phone service (landlines and cell). In order to post this update I had to travel almost two hours back to Baton Rouge where I could get internet access. Even here cell phone usage is impossible. We truly feel cut off. I will be driving back to Hammond tonight where our team is staying at the home of one of our Volunteers. Tomorrow evening I will return to Baton Rouge with a much more detailed update and photographs. Report Submitted By: Terri Crisp - Noah's Wish Director

************************************

SEPTEMBER 2. 2005 UPDATE

For those of you who would prefer a text link to add to your blog or website, please use this code. Change the parentheses to brackets like < >

(a href="http://www.noahswish.org/")Noah's Wish Animal Disaster Rescue(/a)

************************************ UPDATE FROM THE RESCUE WORKERS 9/2/05

We are operating in Slidell, Louisiana. Additional teams are being dispatched. Further sites of operation are anticipated. Communications are poor at best.

I am handling logistical and supply operations from the St. Louis, Missouri area. From this location we have the intact communications and transportation infrastructure to receive supplies. We can then dispatch the supplies and equipment as they are needed to the area with our volunteers transporting them down Interstate 55 as the volunteers are deployed in the area.

I thank you for your support and generosity in helping us help the animals.

Best Wishes, Roger D. Smith Regional Coordinator Noah's Wish

------------------------- Technorati Tags: flood aid, Hurricane Katrina, Noah's Wish

Comments

Anonymous said…
Will do, Marti! Thanks so much for the information.
Anonymous said…
BTW, Marti, I couldn't get the banner format you gave to work on my blog, but here's the format that did work.

(a href="http://www.noahswish.org")(img src="http://digitaldoorway.net/images/noahs-wish-banner150x450.jpg")(/a)
Marti said…
Yes, I was in such a rush I pasted the code in from Word, and didn't re-do the quotation marks.

When I don't change them after pasting something in, they come out with those weird symbols. I have fixed it now.

Thank you SO much!
Anonymous said…
I have been thinking alot about the pets left behind and wonder how many cats, dogs and birds (and other critters too) have survived.

I have 3 cats, 2 parakeets and 1 conure and I would be heartbroken if I had to leave them behind in the face of a catastrophe. They are my family too and I know there are lots of people who feel the same way about their pets.

Thank you for sharing the information. I'm so glad there are people who are out there thinking of our four-legged and winged friends. I will do what I can.
Anonymous said…
I posted this picture on my blog, too. I didn't realize it was from Noah's Wish. I will make sure to post a link to them on my site as soon as possible (today). I also didn't think they'd updated their web site, but it was because I didn't scroll down (duh). Simply heartbreaking ... and I do intend to donate.
Marti said…
Thank you all SO MUCH!
Anonymous said…
I posted the link as well, just wanted to let you know.
Marti said…
Thank you all!

My friend is putting together a huge amount of supplies to send...there is a list of what they need on her site.

We really appreciate everyone's support!

Thanks again!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

The Un-Martha

Trench Warfare In Our Driveway

My Boobs are on File with the FBI