Your Ad Here!

The carpet in front of my computer is wet. I am forbidden from saying why. So, play along here, the floor is wet. My hillbilly-ness, or my inner child, (or my hillbilly inner child) comes out when I am in my own home, and I go barefoot. Wet carpet and bare feet are an unpleasant combination. To be able to sit here and use the computer, I have placed many layers of towels, paper towels, blankets, and newspapers between my feet and the icky-wet carpet. The carpet has an astonishing capacity to retain water, so all of those soaked through, and soon, the soles of my feet were soaking again. Ewwww. I resorted to other materials in hopes of finding something with a slower absorbency rate, so I could finish a sentence before suffering Soaked Sole. I tried the glossy advertisements from the Sunday newspaper. Hmm, a few minutes went by without serious soak-through. Sweet. Then I tried to leave. My feet were stuck to the glossy ads, and when I peeled them off, I had a nice reverse-transfer of the ad copy on the bottoms of my feet. I've seen E-Bay auctions from people who are willing to auction off advertising space on their bodies, but it is usually on their forehead, or pregnant belly......somewhere prominent, and easily visible. So I have little hope of making any money from the advertising on my feet, but it made me laugh when I saw it, so I thought I'd share.

After all, who can't use a good laugh?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Better soaked soles than a soaked soul. Whatever that might mean.

When I saw your title, I thought perhaps you were referring to the overabundance of comment spam I have been seeing lately. It's driving me nuts.
Marti said…
LOL Buffi! It sounds funny, even if I don't know what it means either!

Yes, those spammers have been powerfully pesky lately...I don't know who let them out of their cage - LOL!
Anonymous said…
Hahaha!
Funny Quickie: When I was younger, my Mom used to buy a lot of bread when it was on sale (large family requires bargain shopping) then freeze it until we needed it. She would let it defrost on the kitchen counter but she'd always put it on something. One day she called me and asked me to pull bread... I was 11 so I stuck it on the counter as usual. We had the Wonder Bread logo on our counter top for a good couple of weeks until it wore off.
Anonymous said…
OMG, that happens to me nearly everytime I bring the groceries home! I will run the damp sponge over the countertop before having the boys dump the plastic, logo'ed store bags there and sure enough, by the time I have that food put away, I'm sporting a Raley's logo or two on my countertop. You'd think I would remember from time to time but I never seem to.

Kel
Marti said…
LOL! Those are great "wet counter" stories!

Thank you both for stopping by!
Anonymous said…
You're a riot! Thanks for the morning laugh :-)
Anonymous said…
And why was the carpet wet? You KNOW we are all wondering...
Marti said…
Oh Theresa! You ARE a lil' stinker, aren't you?

LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

The Un-Martha

Trench Warfare In Our Driveway

My Boobs are on File with the FBI