Leaning Tower of Puzza

My darling mother-in-law loves jigsaw puzzles. She works big ones, little ones, round ones too. Sorry, starting to sound a little too Dr. Seuss there...... Actually, it is from a series of roadside signs that I made to promote our pumpkin sales. When the pumpkin patch is open, I have a series of small billboards, placed every fifty feet or so along the road in front of the farm, in the manner of the old Burma Shave shaving cream signage. {{All the young whippersnappers out there are scratching their Gen-X heads in confusion LOL}} My pumpkin signs read: Big ones, little ones, White ones too, We have the perfect Pumpkin for you! Pretty lame, huh? LOL! Back to darling mother-in-law and her pile o' puzzles. She regularly gives me a batch of jigsaw puzzles that she has finished, and lets me sell them at online auctions.{subliminal message please go look please go look lol} She said, "Now I GUARANTEE that all of the pieces are here for these, and that they are in fine shape. I promise, 'cause I am a good Christian woman and I don't swear". Then she giggles like only an adorable grandmother can giggle. I decided to be clever (which can sometimes get me in b-i-g trouble LOL) so I spiced up the listings with a little song parody about my darling mother-in-law having so many jigsaw puzzles (to the Beverly Hillbillies theme, "The Ballad of Jed Clampett"). The Ballad of Puz Rampant Come and listen to my story of my dear mother-in-law, A sweet puzzler, she has lots of them, jigsaw, And then one day, she was puttin' one away, But the closet was so full, that the box just wouldn't stay! Hmmmm, she said, "Gotta go! Selling spree!" Well the first thing you know, she told me of her issue, And she said, "Help! What is there to do?" I said, "Don't you worry, our solution is E-Bay, We will put them up for sale, and let buyers bid away!"" Great, they are, All the pieces! Guarantee! Well now it's time for you to come and gaze at what we've got, You won't be disappointed when you look at what you've bought. They're all a pretty picture, and the pieces are all there, We promise - 'cause she's so sweet that she doesn't ever swear! Y'all come back now, ya hear? Even lamer huh? (And you thought it wasn't possible - pshaw! LOL!) I keep selling them and she keeps giving me more - LOL The last batch was a whopper, so we have a very tall stack of them in here now. Since the boxes are all different sizes, and I have to pull them out to write the descriptions and take photos, or wrap them when they are sold, the stack has become somewhat discombobulated (isn't that a great word? LOL) I fear it could injure one of us if it collapses from the vibrations of Bo Jangles getting too intense on his dance pad LOL! I am going to attempt to sneak up on it {shhhh} so I can pull another one out to list. If you don't hear from me in a week, please call in Hercule Puzz-oit {snicker}

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW, thats a lot of puzzles!!!
How much time a day does your mother-in-law spend putting them together? Is this like an obsession or just a hobbie?
Marti said…
Oh gosh, I'm not sure. She doesn't care much for TV, but she frequently has a TV tray in front of her with a puzzle she is working on it - LOL!

She has beginning Parkinsons, and she says that it helps her focus on motor skills to control the trembling.

They are both very active though, they go shopping and mall-walking, play bingo, and have church activities - I hope I am that spry in my 80's!

Thanks for stopping back by!
Anonymous said…
I can imagine it can become an expensive hobby! Has she ever tried the 3-D puzzles or wouldn't that be possible with her Parkinsons?
Anonymous said…
A better word than "discombobulated?" My best friend uese this West Texas classic for when things are out of whack: "whopperjawed." It is one of my favorite words ever!
Anonymous said…
You definitely are a kick in the seat of the pants.
She's your puzzle supplier. It's great!
Anonymous said…
Oh now, the pumpkin thing wasn't that lame. All pumpkin signs are like that, except some of them are much, much worse.
Anonymous said…
Dang, I miss those old Burma-Shave signs!

Just a thought as I read this. When I sell things on eBay, I pack them for shipping as soon as I have created the listing and label it with the auction number.

Just a thought for helping to run herd on those puzzles taking over the house.
Anonymous said…
Granny and I put a ton of puzzles together. She'd get them at the "Thrift Store" (like Salvation Army or Goodwill). There would often be a few pieces missing. Then she'd donate them back. I always had a new one ready to start when she came to visit.
Anonymous said…
A couple of days ago my mom had 72 puzzles packed into her Honda Civic. Her friend asked her to transport them to a local senior home. Mom hoped that Dad didn't need to get anywhere soon ...
Marti said…
Hi everyone!

Mom-in-law finds a lot of the puzzles at discount stores, and she has a group of friends/relatives who pass them around. Once they have all worked them, she gives them to me - LOL!

She has tried the 3-D kind but didn't care for them. We got her one as a gift a few years ago, and she asked us not to do that again - LOL!

The story of 72 puzzles in a Honda Civic had me laughing till my sides ached! LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

The Un-Martha

Trench Warfare In Our Driveway

My Boobs are on File with the FBI