Too Weird for Words

The other day, Husband came home from work and said, "There’s a bunch of Smurfs down by the mailbox". Now there’s one you don’t hear every day - LOL Were we under attack by an army of cartoon characters? Would we soon be overrun by Powerpuff Girls and Transformers? Was Sponge Bob Square Pants heading up the driveway wielding an Uzi? I requested he elaborate. "I don’t know what they are. There’s a bunch of these little toys on the ground all around the post." On the ground, eh? Ah! Already mowed down by our anti-animation home security device! (Wipes brow in relief - and they all laughed when we bought it) LOL Well, I had to go see. It was an odd sight. There were three of these:
Click to enlarge. Use back button to return

Lying there like drunken sailors, they were. Once I stopped laughing, I picked them up and brought them back to the house.

I questioned the kids, both of whom disavowed any knowledge whatsoever of ever having seen these or knowing anything about them.

So it remains a mystery.

They’re not Smurfs. They say "Mr. Bubble" on them, but for the life of me I can’t figure out what that weird thing on his side is. LOL

I stuck one on top of my monitor because it makes me giggle every time I look at it.

If they are wanted by the law, let me know. Especially if there’s a reward - LOL

Comments

Anonymous said…
It looks like it has reindeer antlers. I can't figure out what that is on the side either. hmmm... maybe we should google Mr. Bubble and see what's up?
Anonymous said…
Yep, I agree with ivy. Looks like Mr. Bubble decked out for Christmas. He needs to get over it, tho. Maybe he tied on a few too many on NYE and Santa dumped his drunk self (selves?) off at your place?
Anonymous said…
I'm so out of the toy loop. I'm still wondering what became of Lincoln Logs...
Anonymous said…
That looks like Mr. Bubble's kid on acid or something.

Kel
Anonymous said…
so it look like eletronic e-mails are safe.lol
no more post office for me.
percyx
Anonymous said…
it looks weird to me though but in a funny way
Anonymous said…
Can I confess here that I still order Happy Meals just to get the toy? My desk is full of crap like that!!!
Marti said…
Ivy - Good idea! I did try to Google them but I didn't come up with anything.
***
Buffi - Yes, they definitely have antlers - maybe they had too much "bubbly" champagne over New Year's - LOL!
***
FTS - LOL at Lincoln Logs!
***
Kel - LOL! Hmmm, who would Mr. Bubble have babies with, I wonder? Is there a Mrs. Bubble? LOL
***
Percy - LOL on using e-mail to avoid drunken toys!
***
Chas - I know! I thought they were kind of creepy-funny too!
***
TSB- LOL on still ordering Happy Meals for the toys (whispers...I do that too LOL)
Anonymous said…
LOL - I love it when odd things make me giggle!
Anonymous said…
It looks like Mr. Bubble has a flower tacked on his side. This doesn't quite fit in with the antlers. Hmm.
Anonymous said…
LMAO. One year for april fool's hubby and I put a bunch of gnomes on a friend's lawn. We even made a sign and stuck it on the head gnome that said "We're watching you."

He couldn't figure out who did it until we fessed up. It was a lot of fun.
Anonymous said…
I didn't know they made Mr. Bubble toys. In fact I didn't even realize Mr. Bubble was still around.
Anonymous said…
wow, it's definitely a sign! but what does it mean?
Anonymous said…
Are you sure it isn't a Scrubbing Bubble. I mean, you might be able to put it to work!
Anonymous said…
I looked at this yesterday and had no clue, but today I think I have it figured out. It's his hand holding a ring of jingle bells :)

Popular posts from this blog

My Boobs are on File with the FBI

Netiquette

Ode to High Prices